Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fencing,Props

Porches in east LA are often huge hosting large families to come and relax after long days. Families socialize and spend their day hanging out on the patio making the setting right for long conversations. Mexican families in East La love their huge yards to  have parties. Often huge white picket fences circle the property to show off the once american dream. The yard is the safe haven where anyone can come and just relax. The yards of Mexican families are turning into living rooms with sofas and chairs. Fences work as a front door where it is the difference from public to private territory. Graffiti makes a huge part in east LA lighting up walls with vibrant spray paint. My childhood was spent entire summers in my backyard swimming in my pool. I had a huge backyard where all my friends would come and enjoy swimming in under the hot sun. Everyone always felt welcome and their was always a lot of people swimming. My experience was a lot different than living in east LA but never the less it was an awesome childhood.  I walked across the street everyday to school. My neighborhood was a little community where all my friends lived. Everyday was spent playing street hockey or running around with friends. I enjoyed my childhood very much and remember a lot of good times I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment